People always ask why we only sell Hunter Douglas window treatments. We would have to say the major reason is because they stand behind the product they produce. That is why we want to take you through the Limited Lifetime Guarantee with Hunter Douglas and help you better understand all that you are getting when you purchase Hunter Douglas window treatments.
First off, lets breakdown what is covered by the Lifetime Limited Warranty vs what is not covered.
- Hunter Douglas window fashion products are covered for defects in materials, workmanship, or failure to operate for as long as the original retail purchaser owns the product (unless shorter periods are provided below)
- This means you have to be the one that purchased the shades. IF you are inheriting the shades, ONLY the Hunter Douglas Shutters warranty will transfer from owner to owner.
- All internal mechanisms.
- The inner working of the shade that allows the cords and material to move up and down AKA the lift system.
- Components and brackets.
- Fabric delamination.
- The glue line fails on a product and it begins or completely falls apart, effecting the shade.
- Operational cords for a full 7 years from the date of purchase.
- Cords that lift and lower the shades on a standard cord system.
- Repairs and/or replacements will be made with like or similar parts or products.
- Hunter Douglas motorization components are covered for 5 years from the date of purchase.
- Any conditions caused by normal wear and tear.
- Abuse, accidents, misuse or alterations to the product.
- Exposure to the elements (sun damage, wind, water/ moisture) and discoloration or fading over time.
- Failure to follow our instructions with respect to measurement, proper installation, cleaning or maintenance.
- If you decide to not have your product installed by a certified installer you void the warranty.
- Shipping charges, cost of removal and reinstallation.
If you are someone who has inherited Hunter Douglas shades that are not Shutters, the warranty does not carry over. If, however, you need parts, you can go through your local Hunter Douglas dealer or call the support line at 1-800-789-0331 to order parts at no charge.
When you order any products of Hunter Douglas, you will receive a warranty registration packet that goes over all of this information as well as a fill out form to send back to Hunter Douglas to keep your information on file. This comes in handy in case the business you get your shades from goes out of business. We have made it even easier for you with the following links to take you right where you need to be for your warranty, part requests, and full lifetime Guarantee.